Cire Trudon revives the beautiful tradition of wax sculptures. Louise and Alexandre were the children of the architect Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart (1739-1813), famous for the construction of the Paris Stock Exchange and the transformation of the Père Lachaise cemetery. The two busts remained in the Brongniart family until their acquisition by the Louvre in 1898.
Founded in 1643, Cire Trudon is the oldest wax-producing factory worldwide. It was the provider of the royal court of Louis XIV, as well as most of the great churches of France. Since the 17th Century, the gestures of the Maison Trudon candle makers polished a secret : the secret of this candle pulp whose combustion is perfect and the diffusion, remarkable. From pure cotton wicks, to the pure vegetable waxes, through the glass handmade in Italy, each candle is part of history.